Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my first big paycheck

and what did I buy?? why a brand new pair of Doc martins thats what!!! (hey it was still the 90's and they were cool then!!) And I finally had a HUGE paycheck rollin in, I still lived at home and figured I earned them.

Ya see I got this job here (where I still to this very day work...in the same building...not far from where I first worked) and I was just barely 19, I had spent the last 2 years working for McDonalds barely bringing in $5 an hour (and that was barely over minimum wage!) when opportunity knocked....and knocked HARD! My dad (he works here too...) causually asked someone how his daughter would go about getting a job here, she said she'd get back to him, and she did, she said have your daughter go down tomorrow, sign the paper work and she starts monday. *blink* Ahhh whaaa?? WOW! A real job. Well somewhat. I started out working 4 hours a night, only bringing in $9.50 an hour. But ya know what...that was hell of a lot more than what McDs was bringin in for me. But since I was working nights I figured I'd still work mornings at McDs. That way I had a paycheck still every other week. Ya see...this here place would only pay monthly because I was working for the "school" and they got paid on the 1st. I was (and still am) horrible with saving money so I needed the extra to get me by. So when that first paycheck came in, in all of its glory of $600 I felt rich!! I felt loaded!! So what did I do?? I grabbed my then boyfriend and we went shopping. New doc martins, a new stero for my car and a day trip to San Francisco...and *poof* there went that money. (see told you bad with saving money)
However my then boss liked my work so much that she offered me to go full time instead of part time so I then quit McDs (rudely too...the boss was a bitch, she deserved it!...They were cutting my hours for NO reason!!) and started working happily (...wait it wasnt happily til 2004 when I came down here...la la la) full time.

Maybe sometime soon I will write about the fun things my coworkers and I do....there's lots.

2 comments:

Mrs. F said...

I have still never owned a real pair of Doc Martens. Too late now, I suppose.

When I used to make big bucks I would buy things like drugs and bikinis and lingerie. All that stuff is gone now. (Obviously I bought other stuff, too, but you know...that is what I remember buying the most)

Nicole said...

Oh how time flies! LOL